Friday 29 June 2018

Scarlet story

Let me tell you a story about Scarlet. She’s 22. Her name is “Arghavan” but her friends call her Scarlet because Arghavan means Scarlet. I’m just going to tell the story from her own words:
I’m scarlet and I work in a café in Shiraz. My best friend killed herself and till about six months ago I was in a very bad mental state. Recently I went on a hitchhiking trip and it turned me upside down.
My parents would never let me travel but I wasn’t going to let anything get in my way. My mom knew I was travelling, my dad didn’t. When I got back home we started talking which turned into an argument. I told my mom I have found my path in life, that my way lies in travelling. My mom said that then I should leave and find myself a place to live in because I have no place in the house anymore. The only thing I said after that was that I’m fine with it. After ten minutes my mom came to me and held me in her arms. “You’ve really changed.” She said. And I really had changed. If this argument had happened before my trip, I would’ve definitely gone berserk and I’d shatter some stuff at home and made a lot of noise, but I’d reached a certain sense of peace in my life. I traveled and returned a changed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alamut

The secret  fortress of the assassins Remains of Alamut Castle Clinging to a Crag Above the Valley of the Assassins          On the s...